Sharleen (one of our co-founders) put these seven quick tips together on how you can start to live a more nontoxic life starting today:
1. Avoid the Dirty Dozen when purchasing fruits and vegetables
- Buy these organic whenever you can. EWG is a great resource to help guide your shopping.
2. Don't store or cook food in plastics
- Look for alternatives including glass, stainless steel and Abeego food wrap.
3. Filter your air and water
-Anything is a great start but look to reverse osmosis for drinking and cooking water and HEPA + VOC filtration for your whole home.
4. No outside shoes in the house
-Toxins including pesticides are easily tracked into your home.
5. Always wash your, and your kid's, hands before eating
-The #1 source of chemical ingestion for children is hand to mouth. Remember hand sanitizer is not a substitute for washing with soap and water.
6. Avoid artificial fragrances in your home
-Sprays, plugins and dryer sheets are loaded with toxins. Use natural scents and dryer balls to remove this risk from your home.
7. Check for flame retardants - the secret toxin that will sneak up on you
- Flame retardants can be found in kids PJs and most upholstered furniture. Try to avoid bringing this into your household with organic or nontreated PJs. Ask your furniture suppliers if they use it in their foam (a great option is IKEA, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The change of seasons is the perfect time of year to give your body a reset with a detox. A detox can be as easy as eating a diet filled with fruits, vegetables, lots of water and green tea while cutting out sugar and processed foods and common allergens. Follow these 10 steps for the next 10 days and start your seasonal detox.