The cleaning breath is a quick and efficient technique to relax the nervous system when you are stressed or upset. It is helpful when used on a daily basis to strengthen the body organs. During the cleansing breath you are listening for a deep, strong, full exhalation that is coming from the base of your abdomen.
- clears lungs, sinuses and nasal passages
- aids digestion
- purifies the bloodstream and clears the head
- relieves colds
- strengthens the lungs, thorax and abdomen
- stimulates the liver, spleen and pancreas
- tones the nervous system
1. Inhale deeply, pushing the abdomen out, taking in as much air as possible in the space of 1 second.
2. Tighten your abdomen in forcefully to expel the air through the nostrils.
3. Inhale again by pushing the abdomen out and letting the air rush back into the lungs.
4. The whole process, inhalation and exhalation, should take not much more than 1-1/2 seconds. Both should be forceful and will be quite audible.
5. Do five to ten cleansing breaths a day, or as recommended by your Naturopathic Doctor. (Also, be aware of your complete breath).
Comments will be approved before showing up.