Healthy Sleep Hygiene tips ( continued from Part 1):
In the Morning
• Expose yourself to sunlight soon after waking to help your biological clock
• Exercise during the day, 20-30 minutes every day will help you sleep better
• Avoid napping during the day, it will throw off your biological clock
To Help Fall Asleep
• Progressive relaxation exercise: Start with your feet and squeeze every muscle in your feet for 5 seconds, then relax. Then flex your lower legs for 5 seconds, then relax. Then you upper legs and thighs for 5 seconds, then relax. Then move up the rest of your body progressively tightening then relaxing each muscle group: buttocks, abdomen, chest, back, shoulders, hands, arms, neck, and face.
• Place a couple drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow case or a tissue and place in your pillow case
• If thoughts and anxieties are keeping you up, try jotting them down with possible solutions. Then you won’t have to deal with them while you are sleeping. You can revisit the concerns or “to do” lists in the morning when you are fresh.
Comments will be approved before showing up.