Detox Your Diet: Go Green! Steamed kale with lemon
Go Green! Choose green leafy veggies every day for liver health.
Veggies in the Brassicaceae family are high in indol-3-carbinol a compound that helps the body clear excess hormones and is extremely protective towards the liver.
- Wash & rinse 2 bunches of kale
- De-stem kale and rip or chop into bite size pieces.
- Steam for 6 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Whisk together: Juice of 1/2 a lemon (2 tbsp), 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss kale with the lemon and olive oil, add fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
Serves 4 large servings.
I've been getting fresh organics delivered biweekly from April at Durham Organics and can't wait to try the black kale that was delivered at my doorstep last Wednesday!