For perfect spinach place in boiling water for just 1 minute. This is not only quick, but it helps to preserve the maximum number of nutrients in the spinach. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring lightly salted water to a rapid boil in a large pot. Cut stems off spinach leaves and clean well. This can be done easily by leaving spinach bundled and cutting off stems all at once. Rinse spinach leaves very well as they often contain a lot of soil. Cook spinach in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and press out excess water. Toss in rest of ingredients while still hot.