Detox your Diet: Cilantro 'Chelation' Pesto Recipe
Fresh cilantro, or Chinese parsley, draws mercury, lead and aluminum from the body. This delicious pesto can be eaten daily after the removal of dental fillings, during a metal detoxification or at any time!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts (for selenium)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (for cysteine)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (for zinc and magnesium)
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup extra virgin oil olive
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (for vitamin C)
- 2 tsp dulse powder (for minerals)
- Bragg' liquid amino acids (to taste)
Process the cilantro and oil in a blender until the cilantro is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a squirt of Bragg' to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year. Use daily for at least 3 weeks as an annual detox for mercury, lead and aluminum. It is great on baked potatoes, pasta, toast, with rice or a vegetable dip. Make it part of your fall cleansing routine.