Detox your Body: There are no safe levels of Mercury

by Dr. Sharleen Hawco ND June 08, 2009

Smoking Teeth = Poison Gas. Please watch this video of mercury vapor escaping from a 25-year-old filling.

There are NO safe levels of Mercury. Mercury is a toxic compound at any dose. From the IAOMT website:

Many people do not realize the "silver" amalgam fillings are 50% mercury. A large filling may contain as much mercury as a thermometer. Mercury vaporizes easily at room temperature, and in this state, is odorless, colorless and tasteless. Inhaled mercury vapor is readily absorbed into the bloodstream. The World Health Organization has concluded that dental fillings contribute more mercury to a person's body than all other sources of mercury combined. Mercury is a powerful poison. Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic. No amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered harmless. Especially considering its cumulative effect.

Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth. Most medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in all products. However, the potential harmful effects of mercury fillings have been ignored by the U.S. Government. Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect the immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems. Under laboratory conditions, mercury has produced brain cell deterioration identical to that seen in victims of Alzheimer's disease.

If you have Silver Amalgam fillings containing Mercury and are considering getting them removed please refer to a dentist who is using IAOMT guidelines. The IAOMT's website also has a lot of great resources to to to help you understand what your choices are.

In addition to seeing a dentist who uses the IAOMT guidelines, you also need to work with a naturopathic doctor to do additional work to make sure any Mercury vapour that you are exposed to does not get stored in your tissues. Options include taking oral DMSA (a heavy metal chelation agent) that will help "mop up" any excess mercury that you may be exposed to.

Dr. Sharleen Hawco ND
Dr. Sharleen Hawco ND


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in News

Your journey to a nontoxic life starts today!
Your journey to a nontoxic life starts today!

by Dr. Sharleen Hawco ND May 24, 2017

Read More
Detox Your Halloween: Heavy metals contaminate Halloween Makeup
Detox Your Halloween: Heavy metals contaminate Halloween Makeup

by Dr. Sharleen Hawco ND October 04, 2016 1 Comment

I'm really happy to have found a few sources for safe Halloween face paint. It quite literally makes me cringe knowing that the vast majority of face paints used on children contain harmful heavy metals that are readily absorbed into their skin. 
Read More
Products We Love: Baby Jack & Co Sensory Educational Lovey
Products We Love: Baby Jack & Co Sensory Educational Lovey

by Simon Rodrigue September 28, 2016

Read More
Get $5 + our seven quick tips on detoxing your life