Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- 1 bunch young dandelion greens, if available
- 1 medium tomato cut into eighths
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- *a little water to thin if needed
The silken tofu makes it creamy without dairy giving your salad a rich taste without a lot of fat.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at the end.
- Chop, rinse, and dry romaine and dandelion greens. If you have a salad spinner it is best. If not, pat rinsed greens with paper towels so the dressing doesn't get diluted.
- Toss greens with tomato and desired amount of dressing.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
Make sure you blend this dressing well so the sunflower seeds are ground. Stop your blender and test for smoothness. When the seeds are ground well they will make your dressing nice and creamy.