Cold & Flu: Warming Socks for stuffy nose & congestion - The Wet Sock Treatment
Warming Socks / Wet Socks is a simple home Hydrotherapy treatment that will decrease stuffed up sinuses and congestion in your head and chest.
What you'll need:
- Thin pair of cotton socks, ankle height.
- Thick pair of wool socks (if you don't have wool available a wicking hiking sock can be substituted)
- Get ready for bed.
- Soak cotton socks in cold water. Wring out well, so they are not dripping.
- Put on wet cotton socks.
- Place a thicker pair of wool socks on top of your wet cotton of socks. Your feet will start to warm up immediately.
- Go straight to bed and leave socks on overnight. They will be dry in the morning - and your congestion will be greatly decreased.
- For best results try this for 3 nights in a row.
- (Optional - if your feet are really cold before this treatment, soak your feet in warm water for 5-10 min, dry off and then go to Step #2)
How does this work?
This simple home treatment works by increasing blood circulation, increasing your immune system and deceasing congestion in the upper respiratory tract, head and throat.
By increasing blood circulation to your feet this simple home treatment works to drain congestion from your head. As your body concentrates on warming your feet and more blood moves to your feet, and away from you upper body.
As your body works to warm your feet you will be surprised at how quickly your warm-up and the socks dry out.
If you are also suffering from a cough, I use a product called "Nin Jiom" natural cough syrup. This is a molasses-type of cough medicine that is made from several herbs that help with coughs. It is very sweet tasting and inexpensive to purchase. You can find this at most health food stores, and drug stores.
Other Cold & Flu Treatments: