Steam Inhalation is a great treatment for sinus and nasal congestion.
You will need:
- boiling water
- glass bowl
- Essential oil of your choice. I really like eucalyptus, as it is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, decongestant.
- Pour boiling water into glass bowl.
- Add 1-3 drops of essential oil.
- Hold your face over rising steam and cover head with a towel. Be very careful! Steam can burn. Remove head if steam becomes to hot.
- Cover your head and the bowl with a towel to trap in the heat and steam.
- You may only be able to take a few deep breaths before you need to get fresh air.
- Try this for 5 to 20 minutes.
Other Simple Treatments for Congestion: